Saturday, October 16, 2010

An Absract Harvest


I love harvest. I don't know why I do, I just simply do. Must be that generations of farmers blood that is in my veins. This afternoon, I had the opportunity to catch a ride out to the fields and see how my uncles' respective harvests were coming along. My lucky bonus point was both were doing wheat. Perhaps this my prairie blood, but I see a field of wheat and I just fall into love.

Of course knowing this is where I was going I had grabbed my camera and macro lens. I wasn't sure what I was going to shoot. I just knew that I needed my macro lens. At first nothing was really working out. Then I did something I need to do more often, that the type A in me has trouble doing, I let go. I took a deep breath, and inhaled the beauty of the field and relaxed. I decided this is just for me, capture what you feel when you look at this field. What resulted was a memory card that is mostly abstract-like. Soft, flowing images. It's what I feel when I stand in a wheat field - soft, gentle, flowing, life and love.


So it's a bit of a departure from my norm. It's been so long since I've done photos that just feed my inner soul. But perhaps that is what I need to do a bit more often. As I was pleasantly surprised on how much the images captured exactly what I felt.



I hope you enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment