Monday, October 11, 2010

The Line

What is that line when it comes to a business blog? I have attended conferences, heard many different opinions in person and by various internet sources, have read debates and am still no further ahead on where that line is.

I realize that this is not the place to share my deepest thoughts. But at the same time photography is the type of industry where you need to have a connection with the people you photograph. If I can't develop that connection, I feel like a failure in being able to deliver photos that represent the person who I am taking photos of. But due to the nature of business, our time together is limited. So then I think isn't it better if you have some clue on what type of person I am?

Hmmm, it's tricky. But the photography blogs that I read from photographers I like, I like to learn little tidbits about them, about their lives, what makes them tick. Perhaps I'll give this more personal side a little bit of space.

To kick this off, I'll give you ten random tidbits of info:
1. I'm the oldest child in my family - and yes I do believe the oldest has it the hardest!
2. I love thunderstorms. To answer that question you are asking yourself, I am that crazy person in our little city that will either be on the overpass or in the big wide open field taking pictures of the lightning.
3. Ice cream - mmmmm ice cream should be it's own special food group. Favorite flavor changes with my moods.
4. Hate coffee but love the smell of it. My caffeine addiction comes in the form of Coke - yes real Coke Classic - no substitutions allowed!
5. I'm a bed snob. Seriously I am. My bed has only 300 count Egyptian cotton sheets, and it's a pile of softness. But thankfully I am only a bed snob for my own bed!
6. I'm addicted to travel. I have been known to randomly pick a place to go because there was a seat sale there - and for no other reason than that.
7. Adore planes and airports, the feel of the engines powering up for take off and for landing always make me smile.
8. Discovery channel addict. I could live without a lot of TV but life without the Discovery Channel just seems so sad.
9. I shoot Nikon and prior to that was Pentax. And while I may throw a joke or two when I when I see a client shooting Canon, I really don't get the big 'war' on which is better. For me it was Pentax had reached a limit on what camera bodies/lenses they could offer me. I choose Nikon because it just felt right the moment I picked it up. The Canon just didn't fit my hands - that simple.
10. Four years ago, I would have never thought I would be where I am today having a photography business. Never. And here I am. I know there is still much for me to learn and prefect. But I have come a long way and am so thankful for everyone that has pushed me to do this. They knew better than me what a perfect fit it is for me. That's another whole post - which I may do one day. Suffice it to say, I am extremely thankful for each and everyone of my clients - you guys literally make my world a better a place!

No comments:

Post a Comment